Video can be intimidating and I am here to make it accessible and fun for you.
About the blog
Proper blogging practice would require building the content of this site around a specific theme, but there is a rather large problem with that…I’ve never been able to stick to a theme. Here is what you can expect to find when you visit this blog: a collection of thoughts on ideas and things that are interesting to me. Usually those things fall in the range of living freely, creativity and art, and creative processes. However, I make no promises. I have eclectic interests and you’re guaranteed to see that reflected here.
“But unless we are creators we are not fully alive. What do I mean by creators? Not only artists, whose acts of creation are the obvious ones of working with paint of clay or words. Creativity is a way of living life, no matter our vocation or how we earn our living. Creativity is not limited to the arts, or having some kind of important career.” – Madeleine L’Engle
Here are a couple things that might interest you:
- I directed my first documentary last summer. It’s called Spirit of Tivaevae. Right now we are post-production. This is easily the most terrifying and thrilling thing I’ve ever done.
I’ve been working for the Sportscasters Talent Agency of America (STAA) for almost 9 years, currently my title is Digital Content Coordinator. I also do some freelance editing and videography.
Here are some random facts about me you might find interesting. You also might not find them interesting. That’s cool, man.
• Reading is my all-time favorite hobby. I once read an entire Harry Potter book in less than 24 hours. It gave me a headache from eye strain.
• I was homeschooled K-12 (high-five to all my fellow homeschoolers!). The first time I set foot in a “real” classroom was to take the SAT’s. The second time was freshman year of college.
• I’m half Cook Islander. I visited once, and am currently developing a documentary about the Cook Island art of tivaevae.
• While my nerd interests run stereotypically geeky — sci fi, board games, video games, books, tv, action movies — I am also a theology nerd. Someday I want to learn Greek or Hebrew. Preferably both.
• I love dancing. It used to be ballet and jazz. Now it’s mostly Tahitian and hula, with an occasional line dancing trip thrown in for good measure. I’ve got ballroom in my sights next. Or maybe hip hop…
• My love of British literature has spun itself into a love for British television. Basically, if it’s produced by the BBC or ITV I’m probably into it.
• Soccer is my sport. I played, coached, and refereed at the youth level.
• In high school I tore my ACL. I used the rehab time to teach myself HTML and started building websites. Life has never been the same.
Feel free to tweet at me, or send a note via email below.